Web Partners provides key reports and analysis designed to connect SEO-related content marketing efforts with practice performance.
We monitor a priority list of more than 25 performance metrics to establish goals and achieve success with our search engine optimization programs for medical practice SEO. Unless specified otherwise, all metrics are assumed to be tracked on a regular monthly basis, however more or less frequent options are available and will be recommended on a case-by-case basis.
Search Engine Optimization Baseline
For every Web Partners client, the following performance metrics form the basis for every SEO program, even if they only indirectly impact specific business results:
- Organic search engine traffic - The most fundamental of all search engine optimization performance metrics.
- Percentage of traffic from organic search - This percentage varies based on the different online marketing strategies a medical practice uses in its marketing mix through Web Partners.
- Landing pages receiving traffic - The number of web addresses found in search engine results that received traffic or impressions (if using Webmaster Tools).
SEO Campaign Effectiveness
Once our website search engine optimization team has a handle on traffic growth and any signals about your practice, it’s important to realize the effectiveness of these metrics in an effort to properly align SEO program initiatives.
- Conversions from organic search engine traffic - While there are various types of goals an organization may define as a conversion (appointment requests, webinar registrations, etc.), it’s important to track them regularly.
- Conversion rate from organic search engine traffic - Measure this in comparison to other online marketing channels to determine quality of traffic from organic search.
- Events created from organic search engine traffic - Event tracking is ideal for less sales-oriented lead generation efforts, like video views, and image or link clicks.
- Percentage of search traffic from non-branded keyword search referrals - If you’ve connected your Webmaster Tools account with Google Analytics, this information is still accessible to evaluate non-branded versus branded keyword percentages.
- Percentage of search traffic from core keyword strategies - If a core set of keyword targets is defined, establishing the overall visibility of those themes, via Webmaster Tools reporting, is important.
- Keyword rank monitoring - Keyword rankings should not be the end-all-be-all, but there is certainly a connection between a better keyword position in search engine results and likelihood someone will click into your website.
Search Engine Optimization Productivity
While raw numbers do not necessarily translate into SEO success, establishing benchmarks for the practice through the creation of links, content, and deliverables executed helps to provide visibility to a Web Partners search engine marketer’s plan.
- Inbound links researched, requested, and acquired (high quality given priority, of course)
- Social shares acquired per platform/program
- Contacts researched, contacted, and communicating with/added to network (via social media)
- Content generated, pages optimized, content reviewed and optimized (i.e., keyword strategy applied)
- Unique domains linking to website (in addition to the overall link imprint, a list of websites linking is important)
SEO Trend Analysis
Trend analysis of key SEO metrics provides insight into how well your search marketing strategy has performed over time, and helps to establish goals and benchmarks for future. Campaigns conducted by Web Partners track a few key benchmarks:
- Month-to-month improvements (declines) in organic search traffic, keyword referrals, and other performance metrics
- Month-to-month improvements (declines) in organic search conversions and conversion rates
- Year over year improvements (declines) in organic search engine traffic, conversions, keyword referrals, and other performance metrics
- Year over year improvements (declines) in keyword visibility (relative position of website for priority keyword searches)
Web Partners customers are aware of competition in the market. Obviously another practice won’t divulge access to their own web analytics tools, but our search engine marketers consider the following performance benchmarks:
- Pages indexed in Google (search query: site:domain.com)
- Inbound links created